Casa Physicians Alliance News
We are pleased to announce that Pfizer is offering a special promotion for their Trumenba® Meningococcal serogroup B vaccine. This promotion is a result of the June 24 th CDC, ACIP recommendation for Men B vaccines for age groups 16-23 years old. The promotional pricing is only available from July 13 th – September 10 th, 2015
The promotion provides a total CASA member discount of 14% off list price for Trumenba ® in lieu of the standard CASA member discount of 5% off list price. Pfizer also offers a 2% prompt payment discount that is in addition to the CASA member discount.
Important Ordering Information
· You must order Trumenba directly from Pfizer in order to receive the CASA Member Discount.
· You will not receive the CASA Member discount if you order through a distributor.
If you are currently not a CASA member please go to the JOIN page of our website and complete the Participation Agreement. Please include your Pfizer account number. If your practice needs to set up a direct account with Pfizer please call Pfizer customer service: 1-800-666-7248
Currently, Pfizer uploads and updates the CASA membership list on the 1 st and 15 th of each month. There could be up to a two week processing period before Pfizer enables your practice access to CASA member discounts for Trumenba. Important information about the ACIP recommendation on June 24 th.
On June 24, 2015 the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) voted on the routine use of serogroup B meningococcal (Men B) vaccines in adolescents to help prevent MenB disease.
Specifically, the ACIP voted that a serogroup B meningoccoccal (MenB) vaccine series may be administered to adolescents and young adults 16 thru 23 years of age to provide short term protection against most strains of serogroup B meningococcal disease. The preferred age for MenB vaccination is 16 through 18 years of age.
This is considered a Category B recommendation, which requires individual clinical decision making by providers to actively consider the benefits and risks of a vaccine for each patient and help the patient decide whether to be vaccinated.
· The ACA requires commercial payers to provide coverage for ACIP-recommended vaccines without patient cost sharing.
· According to federal guidance, this requirement extends to ACIP-recommended vaccines like Trumenba that are recommended for certain individuals rather than an entire population when deemed appropriate by a health care provider.
· As with all new ACIP recommendations, we expect payer coverage and reimbursement to take some time as payers add these vaccines to coverage policies.
· Providers should contact their payer provider relations representative to determine applicable coverage and payment requirements.
· Pfizer Customer Service : 1-800-666-7248
· Trumenba Prescribing Info and Latest news go to: Trumenbahcp.com
· If you would like to have a Pfizer representative come see you for an in service on Trumenba or just to learn more – Contact us via e-mail: email@example.com and we will have a Pfizer rep. contact you.
Posted by Shari Smith on 23rd July, 2015 | Comments | Trackbacks
The trackback URL for this page is http://www.casaalliance.net/trackback?post=32258100
There are no trackbacks for this post
There are no comments for this post
Post a Comment
HTML is not allowed in comments, http://... will be automatically linked.